“We can reach 70%
of our potential alone,
but to excel beyond that
requires a mentor
Former West End Actor
MentorING for actors
Enhance your chances of success and develop the winner’s mindset.
From my Clients
Why I love my job so much
“Charlotte’s background, as an actor of vast experience, agent and coach, place her in a unique position to give valuable advice to all actors, irrespective of experience. I find her down-to-earth, plain speaking and reassuring attitude empowers you to set goals that you may not even have thought of before, as well as providing a structure where those goals are in bite-sized chunks and totally achievable. I would highly recommend actors book a session with her to get a personal holistic approach to all aspects of the business.”
"I felt very lost at the beginning of the year so I contacted Charlotte to see how she might be able to help me. I was not disappointed! She helped me to focus my energy into actions that helped me progress my career and after only a few sessions, I booked my first TV job. She also helped me work the wider skills when it came to organising my time and working through difficult situations, which has gone a long way to improve my non-acting working life. Charlotte is able to offer tailored advice in a very personable way - I can't recommend her enough!!"
“My coaching sessions with Charlotte not only offer me guidance and ideas for my career, but the support and encouragement is a real boost too. Since working with Charlotte, I am getting seen so much more, the quantity (and quality) of my auditions has demonstrably increased. There’s nothing more empowering in this industry, than having someone on your team, who has been there and wants you to succeed. I highly recommend her.”
“Charlotte is a really warm and understanding mentor with lots of insight and ideas on how to navigate the ups and downs of acting life. I find it very easy to connect with Charlotte, because she uses humour and storytelling so well. This means everything is easier to learn and remember, so I can get more out of the sessions. It’s great to have the outside perspective and the advice, but also for it to be fun.”
If you’ve just finished your drama degree or graduated from drama school I can help you clarify the next steps to take, what goals you want to achieve and how to get there. If you haven’t got representation we can look at how to maximise the chances of getting an agent and how to get work without one.
Career Turbo Boost
If you’ve had a certain level of success but then work has dried up, you’ve hit a plateau or maybe you’re just not getting the work you want. I can re-assess your current marketing tools, and your marketing strategy to ensure the work you are putting into your career is taking you where you want to go.
Back to the Boards
If you’ve taken a career break for personal or family reasons, come and talk to me about how we can get you to hit the ground running. Times have changed in the workplace from the introduction of new media which affects our marketing strategy and our marketing tools.
Acting is one of the most competitive career fields you can enter in to. Being talented isn’t enough, you have to make yourself known and you have to keep focused through some tough times. You can leave it all to chance and hope that your marketing is good enough and that you’ll keep focused or you can get someone on your team, someone who has already been there.
The Mentoring Packages
The normal start of your mentoring journey is to have a consultancy session with me, see below.
The Consultancy is a double session to gain a 360 degree overview of your career so far, get clear on your goals and create the strategy to achieve them. This must be undertaken before 1-2-1 mentoring can start.
Having a career review is very powerful and you can take it as a stand alone session, but further sessions are advised to create accountability and tackle on going issues from mindset and beliefs to representation and audition success. Read More Below.
On-Going 1-2-1 Sessions
After the consultancy, you may decide on ongoing mentoring. Single sessions are between £80 and £95 depending on your chosen package. The longer packages are more economical per session to encourage on-going development. We cannot see outside ourselves and our emotional attachment can also cloud our view. In an industry full of rejection ongoing support, encouragement and guidance is essential.
Each package will be bespoke to you and where you are in your career, and we can flex around your acting schedule. Read More Below.
Soon, I will be starting group coaching sessions which will run for six weekly sessions, with a maximum of 12 actors and cover a specific topic such as marketing, confidence etc. I hope these will enable actors to continue developing their business and personal skills at a more economical price – whilst still getting hands on time with me. To find out more, go to the Courses page.
The Consultancy SessionA 360 degree career overview that includes:
- Full business review including feedback on your Spotlight Resume, Show Reel, Headshots and Pitches to Casting Directors / Agents
- Assess the strength and weaknesses of your current strategy, where are the holes, what’s not working, what can we build on?
- Explore what you really want, what should be the vision, the plan and the goals
- Creating the Initial Action Plan
- An understanding of the industry and how a business approach is essential.
- This is 120 minutes of coaching time.
- 90 minute Zoom or Face to Face Consultation plus 30 minutes review of your materials ahead of the session and follow up notes.
- Read more here
Mentoring - Three Month Package
- Taking the action plan from the consultancy session, we will explore the next most urgent goals and how to achieve them. What might stand in the way and what strategies you could deploy to overcome the challenges. These sessions will set you up for success by ensuring you are on track, motivated and accountable. It also allows us to address further bespoke areas (see below) for development as well review new materials.
- Click Here for an Outline Plan
Mentoring - Six Month Package
- The Six Month Package gives us six powerful sessions to get you up and running on the road to success. As with the Three Month Package we will take the action plan and prioritise the next steps. Looking at your bespoke issues. Repetition is key for success in both marketing and mindset, so this plan is particularly helpful for those with an opportunity to maximise or a problem that needs resolving. Whether it is limiting beliefs, building better business habits, this is the plan for you.
- Click Here for an Outline Plan
Mentoring - The Annual Plan
- This package is for the truly committed actor who wants to ensure they have guidance throughout the year. From Career Overview through to driving the Campaign to get YOU Seen, this is an annual plan. 12 monthly sessions ensure we can clarify your brand, your strategy and drive exposure as well as developing your mindset for success. Work areas will be bespoke to you and your changing circumstances, from audition technique and confidence, to handling your agent relationship or maximising that TV appearance.
- Click Here for an Outline Plan
Let's Discuss Next Steps
Want to know how I can help you? Leave me your number and I’ll call you back.
You will NOT be added to any mailing list.
PS If you do NOT hear from within 3 working days email info (at) charlottethornton.com