Coach for actors and creatives
What I bring to the table. How you benefit.
A little bit about me
I was born in London and trained at Mountview. Going to drama school was a dream in itself – graduating without an agent, however, was a short sharp shock. I struggled without an agent, working mainly on the fringe, for eight years – but a trip to LA changed everything. I met a career coach specifically for actors.
I had always been passionate about personal development but moving from books to a bespoke mentor transformed my approach. I returned to London, got an agent within the first year back and made my West End debut a few years after that. I worked at the Vaudeville, the Apollo and the National Theatre.
Now I coach and mentor other actors to fulfil their dreams. Using my coaching expertise, my own acting experience plus my five years as an agent – I can help you see what you currently cannot. Together we can get you ahead quicker, because time is of the essence.
In my corporate life I worked in PR, which solves the actors biggest problem, getting known. I incorporate this into my mentoring sessions too. Looking at how you can get exposure, leverage and have a business approach to building your career.
Why choose me to mentor you?
Some successful actors got lucky, maybe they were connected to the industry already through parents or friends, maybe they attended some of the more visible institutions; RADA, Oxbridge.
Maybe they just got an amazing agent straight away or they look like Keira Knightley and a film career beckons.
These people may be more successful than me, but they wouldn’t be able to tell you how they did it. Whereas I failed for years and so I made it my business to get better; get better at networking, at marketing, at letter writing, at selecting my projects, at being seen. I wish I could go back 14 years and teach it to myself, but I can teach it to you.
- I spent 8 years finding all my own work, no agent, and still did four projects a year.
- I was an actress for 15 years, taking my career from fringe to West End through marketing myself as well as working with my representation.
- As well as being an actor, I was an agent for 5 years so understand how your representation is or isn’t working for you.
- I have spent time assisting an award winning casting director in LA.
- I have been out to LA twice networking and training at TVI.
- I have studied coaching and personal development.
- I have worked for several years (between acting jobs) in marketing and PR and I understand what marketing concepts and tools you’ll need to progress your career.
Let's Discuss Next Steps
Want to know how I can help you? Leave me your number and I’ll call you back.
You will NOT be added to any mailing list.
PS If you do NOT hear from within 3 working days email info (at) charlottethornton.com